Tuesday, February 28, 2006

My First Yoga Class

I went to my first Yoga class this evening. I had been signed up for it for a month so I thought I should go to it rather than the lecture at the museum on the history of slavery. I admit that I was torn (I was - I am not joking) and that I really wanted to do both but since technology has not yet developed a useful tool to permit simultaneous physical existence in two locations for very different reasons (video and webcam don't count) I went to Yoga.

At this moment my only regret is that I did not go sooner and that for the last year I have eaten too many burgers.

To end each class there is a five minute relaxation and quieting of the mind. I have not mastered this technique so rather than being blissfully quiet my mind was whispering, "You could become a vegetarian and... was that a dragon or a snake on the arm of that guy that was also having a problem getting into baby's pose?"

2 comments:

duff said...

so- was it a dragon or a snake?

Unknown said...

I think it was a fancy long chinese dragon. I will have to see if I can find him in the gym and find an excuse to walk by him or climb on a machine next to him so I can find out for sure.

I'll report back after doing some recon! :)