Thursday, February 16, 2006

Funny How Life Works...

I felt horrible when I woke up this morning. The sore throat and head cold that has been trying to whoop my butt finally won. I slept through my first class and found myself curled in a ball in my bed with only my eyeballs showing from under the blanket. I tried to sleep more but found myself just staring at the wall.

I finally got up around noon, ate some cereal, and took a shower. I emailed my professor for my second class and told her I wasn't going to make it but as I lay on the couch I kept thinking about all our deep discussions that we have in that class and I just couldn't stay on the couch.

I got up, changed, and dressed in layers necessary to keep me warm in the single digits with wind chill in the negatives. I went to class. I am so glad I did (even though my breathe froze and created little icicles on my eyelashes on the way there and back)We had a great conversation about soul and ego, soul and story, soul and desire... everyone in the class spoke at least once and we often inspired one another.

I walked home with a smile hidden underneath my rainbow scarf thinking that even though I was still sick I was doing much better. The one thing I could use was some chocolate but I didn't have any energy to drive to a store. So, I decided to settle for the chocolate soy milk that was awaiting in my fridge. I checked my mail and to my surprise I had a package from my friends Holly, Monica, and Debbi in Helena.

Guess what- I opened it to find M&M's, sticky gooey rubber hearts(now plastered on my fridge and bathroom mirror) and socks that say "Love" on them along with a card that made me smile and feel loved.

After I indulged myself a bit I called my friend Matt back. He had called when I was in the shower earlier. He answered- singing my name- lol! We touched base for the first time in years. We talked and laughed for quite awhile until I had to let him go in order to work on a paper (party pooper, I know).

I finished the paper, emailed some friends, ran some errands, made a necklace for my grandmother's birthday present, bought some gifts for my aunts, and am now sitting here in comfy pants smiling.

Funny how life works...My day had started in the below par range but sky rocketed to one of the best of the week.

Thank God for my friends and family... and for the little things like chocolate and cough drops.

2 comments:

Travis said...

It makes me very happy to hear that things are going so well for you. May God keep surprising you with His many good gifts!

duff said...

mmmm...chocolate cough drops.

no, wait- that might turn out kinda gross, come to think of it...

at any rate, i'm glad you're feeling better.