Sunday, January 29, 2006

Chinese New Year - a dream...

I woke this morning shocked to find myself in my little tiny twin bed. In fact, I had been dreaming so vividly that I truly thought I should be in another time and place.

I realized (upon waking) that I was a tiny Asian woman in my dream. I was having an important dinner and wanted to serve the best tea I had to celebrate. So, I pulled out an old antique tea set that was white with red dragons painted on it (note: I really own such a tea set and I was born in the year of the dragon).

As people came to the party they brought me more and more teapots with cups and we continued to fill them and fill the cups on the finely clothed tables for people to drink. At one point I was offered a box with 4 teapots inside. They were glazed in the brightest colors - red, blue, green, and yellow. The woman offering them to me asked if I would like to use one for the special occasion. I told her to have them all filled and I would share their splendor with everyone.

I was sipping tea and talking with friends when I was rudely ripped from my party by my alarm clock.

Now, of course, today is the Chinese New Year. Maybe, subconsciously, I had my New Year celebration while dreaming.

I like my friend, Enid's, interpretation better-

"I believe you have been given a blessing. You have many people giving you tea pots and staying to drink tea. You have many friends who enjoy your company and wish to spend time with you. You were given 4 teapots of the traditional colors for China. Representing not only earth, air, fire, and water but also the arrival at a destination along with a feeling of satisfaction. You were specifically asked if you wanted to just fill one pot and said.. 'fill them all'.. and then you shared with others. So, you are sharing these blessings. You can also look at it as confirmation that you have chosen correctly in some of your recent decisions."

The dream surely felt postive and wonderful- and, I am blessed with family and friends whom I love and whose company I enjoy.

It has been a Happy Chinese New Year- indeed!

No comments: