Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Yesterday's Interesting Events

1) It has become a habit for me to turn the computer on first thing every morning. Today, I got up, hit the on button, went in the other room, and came back to find my computer already on my homepage. All I did was turn it on.

.2) After showering I went in to change and checked what time it was on my cell phone only to find that it had logged itself into my Verizon account online. There are approximately five steps that it had to take on its own to get to that point. I am beginning to wonder about my electronics and if they have minds of their own.

3) When I came home from classes I opened the door to the everlasting smell of fish in my apartment. It has been a week since we made fish tacos and yet I can not get rid of the smell. I have burned candles and incense and even opened windows in cold temps. Nothing works. I even jokingly called Bill and asked him if he left dead fish under my couch as a parting gift. Even though he thought that would have been a good idea he commented that he hadn't been brilliant enough to think of that while he was in town.

4) So, I went to Target to get some Oust to cover up the scent of the fish and found myself talking about lotion with some lady in the isle o' lotions. Although the conversation was a bit strange it was not as odd as the time I found myself comparing and contrasting the cost of tampons with a girl from one of my previous classes that I had just ran into… you know where...

5) After wandering around Target a bit I found myself at the check out isle where I had a discussion with check out gal about if I should get Oust or the cheaper Renuzit brand of deodorizer. We eventually decided to go for the Oust because we had not heard anything about the Renuzit. Embarrassingly, she rang up all my items and then I discovered the absence of my wallet.

6) I ran home, got the wallet, returned to Target, purchased my items, returned home, prepared dinner, got dinner in the oven, and sat down to read my newly purchased Fitness magazine only to discover that someone had ripped the, "Buddy Up For A Better Body – Great moves to try with any partner" out of the magazine. Granted, I bought the magazine mainly for the Salmon Cakes with Creamy Ginger-Sesame Sauce recipe in the Heart Healthy Eating section (oh and the What Works Best for My Belly work out was runner up… really), but still… I felt ripped off… even a bit violated. I cheered up once I realized it was probably some poor starving college student who needed some ideas on how to spice V-day up with his/her significant other. Obviously, they needed that section more than I did… right?

7) While typing this last sentence (probably not exact) I did something and something happened and I lost everything I wrote. No kidding. Ask my sis. She got to see me type cuss words into MSN instant messenger.

8) AND Just now, I typed over MSN instant messenger "scott" and up came the symbol of a little stick man dumping gasoline all over himself and lighting himself on fire. Interestingly, my friend Scott is actually a professional fire performer… Scott- please be careful out there!

No comments: