Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Procrastinating

I have a paper to write for tomorrow, a paper to write for Thursday, a speaker tonight and a short paper to write on that topic, a midterm to study for, and a bit of reading to do...all around my part time job and prior to spring break. Believe it or not, I am actually excited about all of it.

However, in this moment, I would rather share an article with you that my sister sent me and two that I have recently read.

If you have ever heard my story about a cow getting struck by lightning and making the front page of the Helena newspaper and had doubts- you won't after you read this article.

http://www.helenair.com/articles/2006/03/06/montana/a01030606_01.txt

There is nothing wrong with that at all. It is better than this article-

http://www.montana.edu/cpa/news/nwview.php?article=3456&pid=2

or this

http://www.montana.edu/cpa/news/nwview.php?article=3447&pid=2

I wish we lived in a world that had more stories like the first.

2 comments:

duff said...

the butterfly article reminded me of one that ran in our newspaper about a year or so ago.

it seemed there was an octopus at an aquarium (no- i don't remember exactly where, and i'm afraid i don't have the article with me at the moment to refer to) who was.....lonely.

not only that, but he was getting on in years, and the aquarium staff decided before he passed on, they needed to find him a friend of the female persuasion.

as i recall, they did find him someone to hold tentacles with, and he died shortly thereafter.....with a huge grin on his face, i'm sure.

Osbasso said...

Hey! Duff sent me over. I'm in Helena and read that myself! Certainly a nice change from that other stuff! I wonder if I moved to Anaconda, would they help me?