Friday, March 24, 2006

painted mangled metal sandwich

Either the people of Bozeman are out to kill me or I should take a warning from fate and stay off the roads for awhile.

Tuesday I was driving to the grocery store when the car in front of me slammed on its brakes and veered into the other lane leaving me to almost run over a large whicker cabinet that had fallen out of the back of somebody's truck. It was a good thing that I was taking it slow (Beth :) or I would have run it )and the guy that was running up to it to get it out of the road) over.

Wednesday I was driving to work and again the vehicle in front of me came to a hault in the middle of a highway with a speed limit of 65 mph. I was able to slow down and come to a stop all the while praying that the large trucks and SUVs behind me would not rear end me and make me into a Mini-van Legacy SUV sandwich. Turns out that someone had lost 3 rolls of carpet out of the back of their truck and into the highway... SMART!

Today, I am was on my way home from Michaels (where embarrassingly I had to ask them to hold my items because I left my wallet in my other purse) when I was almost side swiped by a huge black Suburban. It was a good thing I was paying attention and that there was no one in the turning lane because that bugger came within inches of me as I veered away from him. Once again, I could have been the center of a painted mangled metal sandwich.

So, if you read this- please send me some positive vibes, say some prayers, or simply speak with fate about the driving situation. Walking to work would take a long long long time...

No comments: